Maia is a new game from indie developer Simon Roth.
Manage your colonists and build a prospering community. Try not to get them killed
Setting[edit | edit source]
In 2113 the human race began its first extra solar colonisation program One of the targets of this endeavour was maia
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
You must excavate an underground colony to escape the hostile surface of the world. You must mine minerals for construction build rooms to house, feed and entertain your colonists, defenses to protect them from dangerous wildlife and research sources of power, water and food.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Up to 2km x 2km of procedural world
- Complex colonist AI
- Dark humour
- AAA Quality graphics
- Water and Lava simulation
- Cellular Atmosphere
- A simple minimalist UI
- Inspired by 1970s sci-fi
- Intricate defense systems
- Bi-polar androids
- A first person mode
- Open data for modders
FAQ[edit | edit source]
- What engine does the game use?
- Maia uses a custom built engine allowing aaa quality graphics without requiring high system specs.
- What platforms will Maia run on?
- The game will be for windows, Mac and linux.
- When will it be completed?
- The game is currently in alpha development will go on indefinitely.
- will you make it free to play? will there be dlc etc?
- No. I wont nickle and dime you only a single purchase will be required.
- Will it be available on Steam or other distributers?
- It is currently on Steam. I can't speculate at this stage. I will work my hardest to get the game on every provider possible.
- Will there be drm?